1. What is Myanmar E-Visa, Online Visa, or electronic Visa?
The Myanmar electronic visa, or e-Visa Approval Letter, is a mandatory travel requirement for foreign nationals from qualifying countries who wish to visit the Republic of Myanmar for tourism purposes.
Below is the sample of Myanmar Visa e-visa approval letter
2. What do I need to apply for a Myanmar tourist e-Visa?
You need to provide the following information:
- Passport with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry.
- Passport-style color photo taken within 3 months of your application.
- A debit/credit card or Paypal account for payment.
3. How much does a Myanmar tourist e-Visa cost?
If you apply by yourselves visa the official e-visa page, the cost is $50/visa not including the card processing fee.
There are some websites that provide the services, and they will charge you about $20-25/visa for the services fee.
4. When should I apply for my Myanmar tourist e-Visa?
We recommend you start applying for your e-Visa 1 month before planned arrival date. With such period of time, you have enough time to make any correction if needed.
Moreover, it is not too early so that you can avoid the chance of losing your money because of changing the plan.
5. How long does it take to process a Myanmar tourist e-Visa?
You will receive an application acknowledgment first. The processing time is up to 3 working days for normal Business and Tourist Visa, and 24 hours for Tourist Visa Express Service (365 days a year). In all cases, processing time starts when the application acknowledgement e-mail is sent, after application is submitted and online payment is successful.
6. How long is a Myanmar tourist e-Visa valid for?
The Myanmar tourist e-Visa is valid for 90 days after issued. This means you must enter Myanmar within 90 days after issued. It is a single-entry visa and allows for a maximum stay of 28 days Total.
7. What requirements should my passport meet if I want to apply for a Myanmar tourist e-Visa?
Applicant’s passport should have at least 6-month validity from the time of entry into Myanmar and at least one blank page.
8. If I have more than 1 passport, can I apply for the e-Visa using the particulars from the first passport and travel with the second passport?
No, you must use the passport that you used to apply for e-Visa.
9. How many entries do I get with the Myanmar e-visa?
It is only valid for a Single Entry.
10. I do not have my hotel booking; can I apply for a Myanmar e-Visa?
You don't need a hotel booking to apply online. However, foreign nationals must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest houses or resorts.
11. Who are eligible for Myanmar e-Visa?
The citizens of 100 hundred countries listed below are eligible for Myanmar online visa
||United States of America
12. How do I receive my e-Visa approval letter?
When your eVisa application has been approved an Approval Letter is sent to your designated email address. Alternatively you may download your Approval Letter via Visa Application Status Enquiry http://evisa.moip.gov.mm/statusenquiry. Please take note that the download option is only available if your application has already been approved.
13. Do I have to print the approval letter, or can I show an electronic version or photo of it to the immigration officers?
You are currently required to print out the eVisa Approval Letter and present it to the Immigration Officer upon arrival. Failure to provide a printed copy may delay your entry.
14. Can I print my visa in black & white?
Yes, as long as it is legible to the Immigration Officer.
15. My application is denied, what should I do?
The reason(s) and further instruction(s) should be mentioned in the email that they sent to you. In most of the case, you need to apply for your tourist visa at your nearest Myanmar consulate/embassy.
Though, Visa application verification and approval policies are the same across all embassies and online applications, the embassy can give you further instruction on how to apply for Myanmar visa in your case.
16. Do I get refunded if my application is rejected?
No refunds are issued under any circumstance, you need to read the terms and conditions thoroughly before applying for your Myanmar e-Visa
17. I have completed my application and payment but there is no email confirmation, what should I do?
Please check your Spam or Junk mail folder, and wait 1 hour before contacting the immigration office
18. My child is under 7 years old, does he/she need a separate e-Visa and what are the costs associated?
Children under 7 must apply with an adult. There are no additional costs – they will be added to your Myanmar Tourist e-Visa at no extra cost, thus the total amount will still be USD 50 per person (excluding the service fee).
19. Can I enter Myanmar with my e-Visa visa at any point of entry?
There are restrictions to where you can use the e-Visa. The only available ports of entry into Myanmar with the e-Visa are as follows:
- One of the 3 International Airports: Yangon, Mandalay, Nay Pyi Taw
- One of the 5 International Land Border Checkpoints: Tachileik, Myawaddy, Kawthaung, Tamu-Moreh, Rih Khaw Dar-Zokhawthar
20. Can I use e-Visa to enter Myanmar when I arrive with a cruise ship?
No. If you are visiting Myanmar via cruise/boat, please contact your travel agency for a pre-arrangement Visa on Arrival. You can NOT use the Myanmar e-Visa to enter Myanmar via seaport
21. Do I need to queue at Visa on arrival desk when I reach Myanmar with e-Visa approval letter?
eVisa is not a Visa on Arrival hence there is no need to queue for any visa sticker. Proceed straight to immigration counter when you arrive.
22. How long can I stay in Myanmar with the tourist e-Visa?
The maximum stay allowed is 28 days Total.
23. I plan to travel from Myanmar to another country for a short trip and return to Myanmar. Do I need to apply for 2 visas within such a short period of time?
Yes, you will need to apply for two e-Visas. Each e-Visa is only valid for a Single Entry.
24. I would like to join meditation classes and stay at one of the meditation centers in Myanmar, can I apply for online Visa?
No. You will have to apply for a religious visa at a Myanmar Embassy or Consulate near your location.
25. My trip is delayed and my eVisa is expired. Can you change my e-Visa validity date?
We are not able change the validity dates on your eVisa. We encourage you to re-apply for another visa.