1. Personal data we collect
Our website uses forms in which you give us contact and personal information (such as your name, phone number, email address & travel preferences) so you can enquire about and book travel services, or request information and support. We use your customer information only when it will be important for us to contact you regarding your enquiries and bookings, our web site, new Sonasia Holiday services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable.
In addition to information provided through forms on this website, our staff may also solicit further information to create your travel products and to facilitate travel to and from our destinations.
The range of information we may request is listed here, though may include additional information depending on the nature of the travel services requested:
- Email address
- Country of Origin
- Country of Residence
- Travel date
- Duration of travel
- Phone number
- Passport numbers
- Payment details including banking information
- Travel preferences and interests
- Dietary restrictions or allergies
2. Uses of the personal data we request
The information we request is used to communicate with our clients and partners, and to plan and operate travel services on behalf of our clients, including but not limited to the following uses :
- Sending newsletters with personalised information
- Conducting surveys to measure and improve our performance
- Planning accurate travel and event itineraries
- Organizing contest, lottery or any promotional events.
- Operating international travel services for our clients
- Facilitating payment for travel services rendered
- Maintaining ongoing business communications with partners and clients
- Optimizing our website to offer you a better user experience
3. Only if we have to
As stated previously in this policy, we will never give out your information. The only exceptions to this are, when we are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, or we must comply with a legal process served on our website.
- We use this information from our website statistics (for example your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website.
- To make your visit to our site smoother. So, for example, it remembers what you add to your itinerary or allows you to share content with friends on social networks. It also remembers your preferences and so allows us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To monitor and measure what visitors do on our website. This allows us to know what areas of the site are popular, how often visitors come back, where they come from, whether they are using a PC or a mobile device and so on. Knowing how our site is being used means we can enhance users' experience in future.
- We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
Opting out of accepting cookies?
Because of the way our site operates, cookies are needed to allow some of its functionality to work and therefore we recommend that you accept them.
However, if you choose to opt-out of receiving our cookies, please understand that although you can still use our site, some functions may not work and your experience may not be as smooth or as enjoyable as we aim to deliver for all our users.
If you still decide to opt-out, you have two options:
- You can adjust the settings on your internet browser to prevent cookies from being downloaded. How this is done varies according to which browser you are using and we recommend you refer to the appropriate online help guides.
- You can opt-out of receiving specifically those cookies we use to track how people are using our site.
5. Changes In our practices
6. Changing your communication preferences
As a customer of Sonasia Holiday, you may alter your customer information, change your personal data processing or opt-out of receiving communications from us at any time by contacting [email protected]. You can also reach us directly using the contact-us form. We will make sure to handle your request within a reasonable time-frame.