Upon arrival at Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Sonasia’s guide & driver will pick you up and transfer directly to the hotel in the old quarter of Hanoi.
Same same, but different. This Thailish T-shirt philosophy sums up Bangkok, a city where the familiar and the exotic collide like the flavours on a plate of pàt tai.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITY: Evening Glittering Bangkok with dinner
Begin this Bangkok evening tour just as the sun begins to set, around 18:00. Bangkok, a city known for its bustling streets and vibrant atmosphere, is a place that truly comes to life after dark. The sights, sounds and smells associated with the city’s iconic street life are amplified under the glow of its streetlights. Meanwhile, as the late afternoon light gives way to the glimmer of the early evening, the city’s ancient temples and palaces take on a whole new beauty.
Transportation will be provided to the Rattanakosin area of the old city, meandering along the past the floodlit Grand Palace and Wat Pho.
After a cool, relaxing cocktail at the boutique, riverside Riva Arun hotel, take a short walk to where an exquisite dinner awaits. Indulge in a delicious, Thai-style meal on the banks of the Chao Phraya River, with the majestic Wat Arun acting as the backdrop. Following dinner, take a stroll to the temple grounds of Wat Pho to soak up the beauty of its glittering chedi at night: an incredible photo opportunity.
Please note: The Reclining Buddha is not open at night.
Afterwards, drive to the final stop of the evening, the bustling Khao San Road area. A famous backpackers haunt, this eclectic region comes to life at night with various activities, night markets and entertainment venues to choose from. Enjoy a wander through the streets of Khao San to experience the unmistakable energy of this area.
Time: 18:00 – 22:00
Blackout dates for dinner on 31 Dec, 14 Feb, and Loy Krathong (Date 18: TBA) due to the hotel arranging only gala dinner.
Overnight in Bangkok.
- Riva Arun has no elevator, so clients need to walk up the stairs to the rooftop, alternative sky bar can be used in case needed at Sala Rattanakosin.
- Traffic can be bad during rush hour 17.00-20.00 hrs, so this tour is not recommended for clients staying at hotels in the Sukhumvit area
- Reclining Buddha is not open at night.
- The table will be pre-booked outside, but if raining, it will be assigned inside.
- Children between 2 and 11 years at the time of travel will receive a 15% discount.
- One glass of cocktail included at Riva Arun.